One of the most important parts of setting the tone for a new school year is reaching out to families and building a mutual relationship that can support student growth at home and at school. Thanks to technology, connecting with families can be less time-consuming and more convenient.
Here’s 6 ways to reach out to families on the first day of school:
- Create a Remind101 group so that you can update families via text message about upcoming events, big deadlines, and classroom news.
- Create an Edmodo group for your class and show parents how they can use the platform to access news, student grades, and turned-in assignments.
- Build a classroom website and share the link with families!
- Reach out to parents with a Google Form or SurveyMonkey survey that collects important contact information and sets the tone for communication.
- Email parents a list of resources they can use to help students with their…
Ver o post original 21 mais palavras
Technology has always played a role in the classroom. Sure, things like iPads and laptops are relatively new entrants. But consider what the word “technology” means.
According to Merriam-Webster.com, technology is defined (among other ways) as “a manner of accomplishing a task.” So anything that helps get something done is a kind of technology.
What is a shovel but a technology for digging holes? What is a fork but a technology for getting food to your mouth? Yes, it seems a little odd to think of those objects that way— but each is a tool. What about the kinds of tools we might find in the classroom?
Take the blackboard, for example, and a piece of chalk. For centuries, instructors used them to teach students how to perform simple addition and subtraction or calculate the radius of a circle.
That being said, isn’t math a form of technology in its…
Ver o post original 146 mais palavras
Estas Cookies foram feitas por dois motivos: porque o frasco das bolachas já andava vazio há algum tempo e porque desejava participar no tema do Mês de Maio do grupo “Vamos fazer Bolachas“. Inicialmente era para terem sido Cookies de chocolate com pepitas de manteiga de amendoim, mas depois reparei que tinha a manteiga de amendoim e umas barritas de cereais a terminar o prazo de validade. Assim, juntei o útil ao agradável e saíram do forno estas cookies de muesli e manteiga de amendoim.
Foi com muito gosto que aceitei o desafio da Manuela do blogue Cravo e Canela, uma cozinha no Brasil.
Ficaram deliciosas, crocantes e tenrinhas… Uma receita a repetir.
Cookies de muesli e manteiga de amendoim com arandos
2 chávenas de farinha
1 colher de chá de fermento
1/4 de colher de chá de sal
1 chávena de manteiga de amendoim
1/3 chávena de manteiga…
Ver o post original 208 mais palavras
Porque a solidariedade social existe..